Friday, March 06, 2015

A Work Trip, A New Cycle and A Whole60

This past weekend/week, Alyssa and I went on an impromtu trip to Vegas for a photography expo (WPPI).

We had 4 really solid days there. Our first morning was spent traveling. Getting up at 4 am, gaining 2 hrs flying and arriving in Vegas at 11 am. We checked into the hotel and sat in the sun by the pool. Our first hotel was by Fremont street, which is vintage Vegas. We grabbed some food and explored there for a while, before heading back to the hotel for a 3 hour nap to catch up on lost sleep from a 4 hr night and 8 hours of flying! When we woke up it was still only 7pm! We bought a selfie stick and some supper, and spend the rest of the evening exploring Fremont some more. It was the longest day ever!

On day 2 we rented a car and headed out to the Valley of Fire, about 45 minutes northeast of Vegas. This was the best decision ever. We spent 5 hours with huge smiles on our faces exploring this gorgeous place! It was a cold day, and it rained a bit! On the way back we stopped at a Target to stock up on some groceries, we dropped all of our bags off at the new hotel near The Strip and took the car back to the rental place. Or we tried to at least. There are SO many turn offs, and they don't give you warning, so we missed the sign and had to drive around the ENTIRE airport again. Needless to say the car was returned late, and by the time the bus came and we got back to our hotel we were exhausted. We originally wanted to go to a restaurant for supper, but we were too exhausted. Pizza it was!

Day 3 was for the expo. We spend 5 hours scouring the show floor, looking at products, talking to vendors and listening to speakers. It was a full, but awesome day. We found some really great products that we will be adding to our lineup. The expo ended at 4. We relaxed at the hotel a bit and then headed to Burgr for supper. We spent the rest of the evening shopping at the Venetian, and watching the volcano show at the Mirage and the fountains at Bellagio. We soothed our sore muscles from all the walking in the hot tub and went to bed.

Day 4 we stowed our bags at the hotel valet and headed back across the street to the expo. We mostly sat at the Nikon booth and listened to top photographers speak. We soaked in SO much valuable info from these seasoned pros. We were sorry to have to leave so early. We grabbed a cab to the airport, and had a nice supper before we caught our flight home.

The last day in Vegas my cycle started, so the next day I called Heartland first thing. I have already started medication for another transfer, which will most likely be towards the end of the month.

Because I want to be as healthy as possibly for this transfer, I have decided to do another Whole30, but turn it into a Whole60. I started yesterday.

Today I am SO over it. I just want to stuff my face full of snacks right now. Which is even more reason to keep going, I would be stuffing my face if I was not on this plan. Another 58 days of this just seems so sickening. I am trying to convince myself it's ok to quit. I just might. Where did all my willpower go from round 1?

No comments:

© diary of a crazy person. Powered by