Sunday, January 25, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Yesterday one of Maeve's puppies passed away. I was so sad. I know you have to take the good with the bad when you are a breeder, but it still sucks losing one. Everyone else is doing good so far. I have one tiny girl but she can butt in and eat and she has lots of energy. There is not alot I can do to make sure they all make it. It is all in God's hands. All I can do is pray that they will all be ok.
I should really get some housework done today. I have been pretty lazy lately. Our bedroom needs to be cleaned VERY badly and I have alot of clothes to handwash! YAY! So far my new "routine" has not at all happened. Having 20 animals will do that to you.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
I have several requirements of my new house. They may change, but just slightly. I will start at the basement:
- 2-4 bedrooms
- 1 full bathroom with just a walk in shower, 1 half
- a theatre and games room, with a pool table, poker table, fusball, etc.
- storage room for veggies and canned goods
- Formal living room, no TV
- Formal dining room
- large kitchen with lots of counter space, with a walk in pantry
- family room that is open to the kitchen
- breakfast nook
- laundry room
- study / library
- possibly a guest bedroom/bathroom combo
Second Floor ( my dream house HAS to have a second floor!)
- Master bedroom with big bathroom. Must have a big jacuzzi tub and a walk in shower ( like one that doesn't need a shower curtain or doors, you just walk around a corner) Also must have a fireplace that is see through into the bathroom. And the bathroom has to have two sinks. Also a nice big walk in closet! And a balcony!
- 2-3 other bedrooms
- full bathroom with a tub
- linen closet
I know. It is a dream. But if you are going to build a house it might as well be a dream house! It doesn't have to be giagantic, but it has to have enough room for 6 kids! Plus a few that I want to adopt!
I have been looking at plans online a bit, and everything either has two many stupid extra rooms, or the top floor does not have a good layout or the master bedroom is on the botton floor. And the laundry room on the main floor is a must. I am sure we will just have to get plans drawn up someday, when we are actually serious about it!
I think I will post some pictures of ones I like just for fun, but I will do it seperatley or else it will be confusing!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Yesterday I had a Partylite Mystery Hostess party. 25 people showed up! It was great! But I am pretty sure I lost money on it though, cause not even half the people ordered. I think next time I will not spend so much on the gifts that I give everyone. I booked some shows from it though, so hopefully I can get some money from those!
I also went back to the clinic today, to get my puppies' dewclaws removed. It was kinda weird being there, knowing I am not working there anymore! LOL. I was going to post something more interesteding, but my house is a total disaster and I cannot focus on anything till I clean it up a bit.....
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Saturday, January 10, 2009
The Rules are quite simple:
1. Be one of the first three bloggers to leave a comment on this post, where the first word in the comment is "Yes". By saying "Yes" as the first word, you signify you want to participate in this give away. Being one of the first three to say "Yes" will then entitle you to a handmade item from me. This will probable be something knitted or sewn. Perhaps some handmade cards. I am not sure yet. Just let me know what you would prefer and your favorite colour, color grouping and pattern and I will make something you will love!
2. Winners must post this challenge on their blog, meaning that they then must Pay It Forward, creating a handmade gift for the first three bloggers who say "Yes" in a comment on THEIR post.
3. The gift that you send to your three friends can be from any price range and you have 365 days to make/ship your item. This means you should be willing to maintain your blog at least until you receive your gift and have shipped your gifts. And, remember: It’s the spirit and the thought that count!
4. When you receive your gift, please feel free to blog about it, sharing appropriate LinkyLove!
5. If you are not one of the top three commenters on today’s post, you can still continue paying it forward. Start your own Pay It Forward Chain, and encourage your bloggy friends to do the same!
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Thursday, January 01, 2009
It started off good. We were in Paris, living in a cute little apartment for a week! It was lots of fun. But then on the way to London I got a horrible sore throat and a day after that my wisdom teeth became very painful. They stayed that way the whole time in London, and paid medication only dulled the pain a bit. It was brutal. I was not able to enjoy London very much, especially not the food. Everytime I ate it would sting where my wisdom teeth were coming in!
Then we had to fly home from Europe and go back to work. We had NO money left over. And we started the year with a lot of debt from the trip. ( Even so, I would never have stayed home. Especially cause it was paid off in a matter of months). I had to get my wisdom teeth out, and that cost over $1000, a week after we got home! Rough. Not a great way to start out a year.
2008 was also full of sorrow. I greived with family, friends and my church many times this year. I wish I could just take all of 2008 back and start again, with the knowledge of what would have happened. But I can't. And God knows what he is doing, and even in the middle of tragedy I have seen good. I have seen a little bit of His plan makes sense. But life still seems so unfair sometimes.
It was also a year of dissapointment for Eric and I. Some things we were planning did not work out at all. And I know it is all out of my hands and I must be patient. God will do things according to His own plan and not mine. He knows alot more than me anyways! Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord...
Over easter Fleury had her babies and she lost 5 of the 7 in 4 days. My life was a blur over that time.
Of course good things happened! Two of my friends got married! It is so nice to have more married couples around. We feel less like black sheep now! LOL. I got to go to camp finally! There was a new baby in my family! I had lots of healthy puppies to share my love with. My horse moved home! We got a new car! I grew closer to God!
We ended the year at Jay and Sarah's place. It was fun! I brought my raclette. It was delish and everyone loved it. I found Provolone cheese that was AMAZING for the raclette. It is so good. I won two games of Blokus in a row, getting rid of all my pieces both times! LOL. We played a hilarious game of Apples to Apples. Beets will never be the same again. LOL. It was a good night. The countdowns are nothing exciting ever. Hard to beat ringing in the New Year with thousands of people on the Champs Elysses in Paris, watching the Eiffel tower sparkle at midnight!
As for 2009, I hope it is a better year. My resolution is usually the same, and I never do it.But this year HAS to be different. It just has to. I would like to not buy any more unhealthy food. I might still eat it, but I will NOT buy it for myself. And I want to stick to the schedule I made for myself. Honestly, I really want to get healthy before I have babies! I don't want to just go on a diet, I want to have a healthy lifestyle. It is a scary though, weening out all the unheathly favorties, but it needs to be done! Pray for me! I know for a fact I can't do it under my own strengh. I had failed too many times. I need His help!
I pray that everyone will have a wonderful year! May God bless you and keep you!