THM was my very first intro to a high fat diet. It taught me that fats are healthy. That we need fats in our diets. It introduced me to so many healthy and delicious recipes, that are super quick!
-good, easy recipes
- LARGE online community for support and recipes
-encourages lifestyle change
-you can make your own chocolate easily and eat it every day!
- S , E , Fuel Pull and crossover meal types can be confusing.
- 3 hour window between switching between S and e meals make snacking complicated
- there are some pretty oddball ingredients needed
- some recipes are downright awful. I could not handle anything with glucomannan in it. The texture was not for me
I love THM and everything it taught me. I learnt so much about optimal nutrition from those ladies. I did find the protocol hard to follow and stick to, but that was before my change in mindset.
I also found the change between meal types to be too much thinking and planning at times.
THM does still include starches in moderate amounts, and things I have been reading lately are steering me away from that all together. I do think grains are fine occasionally, and if you are going to eat them occasionally they should be in the healthiest manner.
A lot of THM recipes have become beloved staples in our home! And they will be here to stay.
But I don't think THM was meant to be the end of my journey to health. There was still so much more left to learn...