Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Recap - Downtown Disney

I guess it is time for a recap! I had a fantastic time in Florida. I wrote lots about the conference, so I won't write any more about that.

Wednesday the conference ended, and Eric came that night. I took a taxi from my first hotel to my second one. We stayed at the All Star Music Resort. I was not really expecting it, but it was like a huge complex. I guess that is why it is called a resort and not a hotel! There were 8 separate buildings from the main one, and ours was one of the furthest back. I checked in and dragged my bags to our room.

This resort was definitely a downgrade from the first one. The conference hotel I stayed at, the Fairfield Inn, had a king size bed, a fridge, free Wifi, and a free breakfast that included fruit, bagels, fresh waffles, sausage, hash browns, eggs, yogurt and juice. Oh, and I can't forget the hot tub! The Disney resort had two outdoor pools, but no hot tub. We had two double beds, no Wifi or computer access (there was an internet cable in our room, but we have no laptop!), and we had to pay for all of our meals.

Also, when you are in Walt Disney World it is like it's own town. And if you have no car, your only transport is the Disney buses which only take you to Disney stuff. Or a taxi, but that would have been crazy expensive to get anywhere. Because of that, we had to eat ALL of our meals either at the resort or at a restaurant. We would have really loved to get some food from a grocery store, it would have been a lot more affordable!

I had quite a bit of time to kill, so I headed to Downtown Disney to check it out, there was a free shuttle from the hotel. Downtown Disney is a bunch of Disney and non-Disney shops and restaurants. It is in Disney World, but it is not a park so there is no admission. And everything is open until 11, while most of the parks close at 7 so it gives you something to do in the evening.

Anyways, I went to Downtown Disney(DD) for about 1/2 an hour. I wandered around some shops, but headed back cause I didn't want to miss Eric's arrival and leave him wondering where I was! It took about 20 minutes to get to DD, and 25 minutes to get back. I got back to the hotel at 7:30, but Eric didn't arrive until 8;30ish. It was pretty pumped to finally see him!

We both hadn't had supper, so we went to DD for supper. We decided on The House of Blues. I got a steak and Eric got Jambalaya. It was amazing! Probably the best meal we had for the whole trip! After the meal we browsed the shops a bit, but they were closing.I got some really cute socks from Little MissMatched. And yes, there is socks for adults there, I made sure!

When we got back to the hotel, we checked the pools and the one closed to our room, the Piano Pool, felt warm! Almost like a hot tub, but not quite as warm! So we went swimming for a while and then headed to bed.

Well, this is WAY longer than I thought it would be, so I will cut it off here and write more tomorrow!

No comments:

© diary of a crazy person. Powered by